- We still have to have patience until the Staatsoper will return to its original home ground Unter den Linden. Nevertheless there will be possibilities during this season to return to »our« Staatsoper Unter den Linden: For example during guided tours through the construction site in April.
- On 28 April, Artistic Director Jürgen Flimm will introduce the new season 2014/15 to the Friends and Sponsors of the Staatsoper. Which premieres and new singers will come? What guests are we looking forward to? And after you have been attuned to so many wonderful events in the opera, you can visit the rehearsal of Achim Freyer’s sublime staging of de' Cavalieris »Rappresentatione di anima et di corpo«.
- On 26 May 2014, this year’s General Assembly of the Freunde und Förderer der Staatsoper will take place in the orchestra rehearsal hall of the Schiller Theater.
At the popular walks of our volunteer Ingeborg Fischbeck our members can get to know unknown parts of Berlin or newly discover long-known areas. During this year’s walk »Across Friedrichshain – Berlin‘s rebellious district« she will guide us from a church with an extraordinary cross-ribbed vault over the Boxhagener Platz to special housing areas.
- »Macbeth«, a premiere of this year’s festival »INFEKTION!«, will lead us to a special place: »Our« Staatsoper Unter den Linden! In the orchestra rehearsal hall on the construction site, Jürgen Flimm will stage Salvatore Sciarrino‘s version of the Macbeth story. You will see the orchestra »OPERALAB Berlin« under the direction of David Robert Coleman as well as Otto Katzameier, Carola Höhn, Katharina Kammerloher and others as singers.
On June 30th, an exclusive performance for our members will take place. We are looking forward to this wonderful ending of the season with you.
- Saint-Sulpice, Champs-Élysées, Montmartre, Opéra Garnier, the »savoir vivre à la française« as well as the fascinating Eiffel Tower: The summer in Paris is seductive. This is especially true when the Staatskapelle Berlin and Daniel Barenboim make a concert at the Salle Pleyel. Their summer tour gives us the perfect opportunity to travel to the Seine and spend days full of music in on this beautiful city.
Scent the air of the stage, blink into the flies’ blazing spotlights, or even cast a glance into the prima donna’s wardrobe – we want to awaken children’s enjoyment of opera and the passion for the magic of music!
The APOLLINI-program addresses children and grandchildren (and of course also nieces, nephews and godchildren) of Friends and Sponsors of the Staatsoper Berlin. The amicable relations of the members will thus reach out to more and more people.
Together with even-aged children, the APOLLINI will get to know music and the magic of opera by their »mini membership«. They can get an insight behind the scenes and try many things by themselves.
There are three trimesters per year, during which workshops take place every 14 days – of course not during the school holidays in Berlin and during theatre holidays.
By the way: The mini membership and its programs are a great gift for birthdays etc.
Apply soon and inspire your friends.
The APOLLINI-programme is theatre pedagogically developed and accomplished by the »Junge Staatsoper«.
The third trimester will take place from 12 May 2014 to 2 June 2014.
Fon: 0049 - (0)151 - 12 71 57 18
Freunde und Förderer der Staatsoper
Fon: 0049 - (0)30 - 24724 360
Fax: 0049 - (0)30 - 24724 361