- We still have to have patience until the Staatsoper will return to its original home ground Unter den Linden. Nevertheless there will be possibilities during this season to return to »our« Staatsoper Unter den Linden: For example during guided tours through the construction site in April.
- We would like to drink to the FESTTAGE 2014 with you! After the perfomance of »Simon Boccanegra« with Daniel Barenboim and Plácido Domingo, we meet in the Glassy Foyer in order to celebrate together with members of the Staatskapelle and to get in the right mood for the upcoming events and performances.
- Have a glance behind the iron curtain, look into the wardrobes of the artists, get to know the history of the Schiller Theater – all of that is possible during a guided tour through the Schiller Theater. You learn what is necessary behind the scenes so that the curtain rises every evening and you get to know places that are usually invisible to visitors.
Peter Seiffert is one of the leading heldentenors of his generation and performed in every important opera house of the world. In 1996, Maestro Barenboim engaged him to make his debut at Bayreuth Festival as Walther von Stolzing – an enormous success. In 2014, you can see him as »Tannhäuser« at the Staatsoper’s FESTTAGE. In the extraordinary hotel Waldorf Astoria Berlin we meet Peter Seiffert for an interview.
- On 28 April, Artistic Director Jürgen Flimm will introduce the new season 2014/15 to the Friends and Sponsors of the Staatsoper. Which premieres and new singers will come? What guests are we looking forward to? And after you have been attuned to so many wonderful events in the opera, you can visit the rehearsal of Achim Freyer’s sublime staging of de' Cavalieris »Rappresentatione di anima et di corpo«.
- Saint-Sulpice, Champs-Élysées, Montmartre, Opéra Garnier, the »savoir vivre à la française« as well as the fascinating Eiffel Tower: The summer in Paris is seductive. This is especially true when the Staatskapelle Berlin and Daniel Barenboim make a concert at the Salle Pleyel. Their summer tour gives us the perfect opportunity to travel to the Seine and spend days full of music in on this beautiful city.
Scent the air of the stage, blink into the flies’ blazing spotlights, or even cast a glance into the prima donna’s wardrobe – we want to awaken children’s enjoyment of opera and the passion for the magic of music!
The Apollini-program addresses children and grandchildren (and of course also nieces, nephews and godchildren) of Friends and Sponsors of the Staatsoper Berlin. The amicable relations of the members will thus reach out to more and more people.
Together with even-aged children, the Apollini will get to know music and the magic of opera by their »mini membership«. Divided into two age groups (8 to 10 years, 11 to 14 years), the children can get an insight behind the scenes and try many things by themselves. The groups are limited to 10 participants – only like this it will be possible to get exclusive insights behind the scenes.
There will be three trimesters per year, during which workshops will take place every 14 days – of course not during the school holidays in Berlin and during theatre holidays. For the Apollini-membership, the member of our association will be asked for a donation of 50 Euros per year. The trimesters with six workshops each cost 120 Euros.
Mrs. Brunhild Stelter (0049 - (0)151 - 1271 5718 / email@example.com) as Apollini-ambassador will be happy to answer your questions.
By the way: The mini membership and its programs are a great gift for birthdays etc.
Apply soon and inspire your friends.
The Apollini-programme is theatre pedagogically developed and accomplished by the »Junge Staatsoper«.
The second trimester will take place from 9 January 2014 to 13 March 2014.
Fon: 0049 - (0)151 - 12 71 57 18
Freunde und Förderer der Staatsoper
Fon: 0049 - (0)30 - 24724 360
Fax: 0049 - (0)30 - 24724 361